Everyone’s favorite season is practically here, and no, we don’t mean Thanksgiving. It’s football season! That means it’s time to gather your friends to watch the games and chow down on fantastic tailgate food.
We’ve put together some recipes that will take your tailgate to the next level. No worries, these aren’t just your regular burgers or brats, but won’t take you any more time in the kitchen. Not ready to throw a party? No problem, there’s always a party happening at Isle of Capri Casino® Hotel Boonville!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
30 minutes (15 minutes prep)
3 c diced cooked rotisserie chicken
Two 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 c hot pepper sauce
1/2 c shredded pepper Jack cheese
1/2 c blue cheese dressing
1/2 c crumbled blue cheese
1/2 tsp seafood seasoning
1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
2 Tbsp shredded pepper Jack cheese, to sprinkle on top
1 pinch cayenne pepper, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, hot pepper sauce, pepper Jack cheese, blue cheese dressing, crumbled blue cheese, seafood seasoning and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a 9-inch round baking dish and sprinkle with remaining pepper Jack cheese.
- Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with cayenne pepper.
Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork
5 hours, 15 minutes (15 minutes prep)
1 tsp vegetable oil
One 4 lb pork shoulder roast
1 c barbeque sauce
1/2 c apple cider vinegar
1/2 c chicken broth
1/4 c light brown sugar
1 Tbsp prepared yellow mustard
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1 extra large onion, chopped
2 large cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
8 hamburger buns, split
2 Tbsp butter, or as needed
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar and chicken broth. Stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic and thyme.
- Cover and cook on high until the roast shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
- Spread the inside of both halves of hamburger buns with butter. Toast the buns, butter side down, in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Spoon pork into the toasted buns.
Caramel Snack Mix
1 hour, 15 minutes (15 minutes prep)
One 12 oz box crispy corn and rice cereal or about 12 c
1 1/2 c mixed nuts, cashews or almonds
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c light-color corn syrup
1/2 c butter
2 c chocolate-covered raisins, chocolate-covered peanuts or semisweet or milk chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a foil roasting pan, combine cereal and nuts; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir gently to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring twice. Remove from oven. Spread mixture on a large piece of buttered foil; cool. Wash and dry the foil roasting pan.
- Break cereal mixture into pieces; return to clean roasting pan. Stir in chocolate-covered raisins; cover
Every Wednesday in September we’ll be giving away one free gift to customers who earn 500 base points between 8:00 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. On the fourth week, you can pick one of the remaining gifts or $10 cash. Come on out and join our tailgating party at the Isle of Capri Casino® Hotel Boonville.