Before you know it, Thanksgiving will be over, and the end of the year will be rapidly approaching. There are many options to consider when planning how you'll ring in the New Year. Choosing how to celebrate may seem like a challenge, but with the below tips, you can get different ideas on how to finish 2015 with a bang.
Keep It Quiet
If big crowds aren't your thing, consider spending the night at home. You could throw a party with close family and friends. Offering food and games will allow you and your guests to share some time together before the year comes to end. You can keep the party simple with just a couple of guests, or create a more elaborate party with a larger guest list. Just be sure to turn on the television close to midnight, so you and your guests don't miss the dropping of the ball.
At least once in your life, you should do something grand to ring in the New Year. If you don't mind traveling, you could go to the city and join the big crowd while the last several seconds of 2015 count down. The hype of the large crowd will pump you up for the coming hours.
If traveling far isn't an option, consider going to a club. A club is another way to celebrate the holiday amongst a crowd of people. You and a loved one will get close as you dance the night away.
Do keep in mind, though, to stay safe. So much is going on and it can be easy to let your guard down without being aware of your surroundings. Keep these tips in mind:
- Think of transportation: Don't drink and drive. Either have a designated driver, or consider alternatives such as a taxi.
- Safety in numbers: You definitely want to go with at least one other person, but more is even better.
- Communication is key: Make sure to have a plan worked out on how to communicate with one another if someone gets separated from the group.
- Trust your instincts: Be aware of your surroundings. If something doesn't seem right, it probably isn't.
Somewhere In Between
You can also choose to do something exciting without it being as crowded as going to a major city, or as mundane as staying home. One option would be to make reservations at a restaurant. You could keep it between you and your loved one, or you could invite a small group to join in.
Going to a casino is another way to celebrate the holiday in a fun, exciting and stress-free way. Casinos offer a chance to eat, play and have fun while you ring in the New Year. At Isle of Capri Casino® Hotel Boonville, we're offering many events this New Year's Eve, including:
- New Year's Eve Brunch Buffet: From 11 a.m.-3 p.m. you can visit Farmer's Pick Buffet® for a surf and turf buffet featuring prime rib, egg dishes and mimosas.
- New Year's Eve Dinner: Farmer's Pick Buffet® will have a dinner buffet from 4:30-11 p.m., featuring crab legs, breaded shrimp, roast, sushi and a raw bar.
- Another dinner option being offered is a four-course, tropical themed dinner for under $35*. Appetizer, soup or salad, entree and dessert are all included.
- New Year's Eve Surfin' Spectacular Party: Located in the Ballroom, you will enjoy hors d'oeuvres, and a performance by Surf's Up Beach Boys Tribute Band.
- Day and Night of 216 Winners: From 8 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. you can earn entries into a drawing where 216 winners will split a pot of $20,160. Not only will you have fun this New Year's Eve, but you may also go home with some extra cash. What a way to start 2016!
Whatever plans you decide to make this year, be sure to plan well in advance. Most events and activities will require you to make reservations ahead of time. Don't stress yourself out by waiting until the last minute, when everything is already booked. No matter what you choose to do, though, make sure you stay safe, and have a happy and healthy New Year!
*Tax and gratuity not included.