A wedding is of course one of the most important days in any couple’s lives. It’s a time to celebrate love and a long, happy future. With that being said, it’s no secret that an extraordinary amount of preparation goes into a wedding. Even a small wedding is takes work. We’ve come up with 10 simple guidelines to follow to ensure that the process will be enjoyed, rather than be stressful.
1. Brainstorm with your fiancé. It’s important to make decisions together and agree on majority of the plans. Figure out what’s important to each of you. By doing so, you will know where you need to spend money and where you can save it.
2. Choose who you would like to have in your wedding party. These family members and friends can also serve as great sources for information and help throughout the planning process.
3. Pick the important details first. This includes thing such as figuring out a date, venue, narrowing down the guest list, and of course finding that perfect dress. Once you have the day and the venue then you can really start planning the smaller details.
4. Set a budget and stick to it. This may be the most difficult to do but it’s certainly an important one. Between the invitations, seating arrangements, flowers, and food, weddings can quickly start to rack up a high bill. By establishing a budget in the beginning of the planning process, it will be easier to make decisions that fall within your price range.
5. Create a detailed timeline. Develop a sensible timeline that will allow for you to monitor your progress and keep yourself on track. This will help to avoid missing important deadlines or having to overexert yourself during “crunch time”.
6. Use helpful event tools and resources. This may include apps or other ways to help keep you organized. Start a wedding binder or Pinterest page to keep all wedding planning tips, notes, and ideas in one easily accessible place.
7. Research, research, research. Aside from online research, talk with others to find vendors that fit both your need and budget. This may be a bit more time-consuming, but don’t just settle for the first option given to you. By doing some research, you’ll be able to save money and create a wedding that fits your personal style.
8. Plan the honeymoon as soon as possible. This is also important to work into your budget. By planning the honeymoon months ahead of time you’re more likely to receive special deals and good prices.
9. Take time for you. Don’t let planning consume you. Far too often, it’s easy for the big day to become all that you can think about. Allot specific times to plan so that you don’t become too overwhelmed or lose enjoyment in the process.
10. Anticipate challenges. There’s likely going to be a few hiccups along the way. Embrace the challenges, laugh off things that don’t go smoothly. This will keep you sane throughout the process.
The Isle of Capri®
can help make your dream wedding a reality! With over 12,000 square feet of combined space, we can accommodate wedding receptions
from 60 to 400 guests. Our extensive catering menu offers delicious five-course buffet options
, as well as a wide variety of hors d’oeuvres including fruit trays, caprese salad skewers, and boiled shrimp. With an experienced event planner on site, you’ll be sure to spend less time worrying and more time enjoying newlywed bliss.