Back to Blog
Bennie and the Jets are in Town!
Almost everyone can sing along to at least one of Elton John's top hits. From "Saturday Night's Alright" to "Circle of Life," John's diverse discography has resulted in chart-topping success for over 45 years.
Elton John remains a fascinating and distinctive public figure. Read on to learn more about Elton, his work, and his intriguing life.
Fun Facts: Elton John
Elton John has had a long and varied career as a musical performer. Though he's a household name throughout much of the world, many listeners don't know these fun facts about Sir John.
• Elton John was born Reginald Kenneth Dwight on March 25, 1947. He later named himself "Elton John" after Elton Dean, a jazz saxophonist, and Long John Baldry, a British blues singer. In 1972, he legally changed his name and adopted the middle name "Hercules," though not as an homage to the mythological hero. Rather, John's middle name is a reference to the horse in the 1960's British sitcom, "Steptoe and Son."
• John was honored with the title of Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 1996. In 1998, he was granted official knighthood as a result of his musical talents and his tireless fundraising for AIDS organizations.
• The words to many of John's greatest hits were written by lyricist Bernie Taupin. The duo's first big hit was "Your Song." Taupin's lyrics can also be heard in such songs as "Crocodile Rock," "Candle in the Wind," "Bennie and the Jets," "Rocket Man," and "Tiny Dancer." The two artists collaborated in a fairly unusual way; Taupin would present his lyrics to John, who would then compose the songs without any further assistance from Taupin. Their collaboration led to some of the biggest hits of the 20th century.
• Elton John has had a hit on the Billboard charts every year between 1970 and 2009.
• John performed in Israel and the Soviet Union in 1979. These performances were among the first Western rock concerts ever hosted in these nations.
Elton John is arguably the most memorable performer of our time. Visit Isle of Capri® to enjoy a rockin' concert with Bennie and the Jets, the ultimate Elton John tribute band!
See Bennie and the Jets at Isle of Capri® Boonville!
If you're a fan of Elton John's music, you won't want to miss the incredible performance of the Elton John tribute band Bennie and the Jets! Vocalist Greg Ransom and his band evoke the essence of a flashy '70s Elton John concert, complete with colorful costumes and unbeatable theatrical showmanship. With a concert repertoire of over 70 Elton John hits, Bennie and the Jets is the most comprehensive and entertaining Elton John tribute band in the world.
For a preview of the show to come, check out this YouTube® video featuring a sampling of Bennie and the Jets' top hits.
The concert begins at 8 pm on Friday, June 19th. Tickets are priced at $15 per person. The evening will conclude with an Encore Drawing, in which guests will have three chances to win $500 in cash! You don’t want to miss this incredible night of fun musical entertainment here at the Isle of Capri!
Book a Weekend Getaway in Boonville
Make an entire weekend out of Bennie and the Jets and enjoy a weekend full of food, fun, and extraordinary entertainment in Boonville, Missouri!
Gaming here has never been more enjoyable! We have exciting promotions and giveaways happening the entire month of June. If slot machines and table games are more your style, we have plenty of those as well!
If you're looking for a delicious meal, look no further than our great restaurants. From beer-battered cod to braised beef and wild mushroom ravioli, you're guaranteed to love the mouth-watering dining options at Farraddays’®. If you're looking for a more casual eatery, check out Farmer's Pick Buffet® or Tradewinds®!
Visit us this June to enjoy the very best gaming, dining, and entertainment in Boonville. Whether you spend your weekend rocking out to Bennie and the Jets or engage in gaming, your weekend at Isle of Capri is sure to be unforgettable. We will see you soon!