With the holidays fast approaching, now is the time to start thinking about what to get your loved ones. Although most people enjoy the act of giving, many find shopping during the holidays to be quite stressful. Here at Isle of Capri Casino® Hotel Boonville, we understand how challenging it can be dealing with disgruntled employees, overcrowded malls, and impatient shoppers. But don’t worry, we’re here to help alleviate some of the stress. Shopping shouldn’t cause anxiety. It’s supposed to be fun! Here are five awesome tips for stress-free holiday shopping. We’ve even included a stress-o-meter which will help you determine the stress level involved on a scale of one (being the lowest) to five (being the highest). Read on.
1. Plan Ahead: When it comes to shopping, you absolutely must have a game plan. During the holidays, it’s a jungle out there folks! Have your list ready and map out your shopping locations. Have your circulars already cut out and organized. Whatever you do, don’t lose focus! They’ll be employees who’ll try to lure you into their stores to try out the newest gadget or try their samples. But you’re on a mission. Stay the course. Stress-o-meter: Three.
2. Don’t Go Outside of Your Budget: The money is what really sends some people into a tailspin. Know how much you want to spend and don’t go over that number. The reality is, you’re probably stressing over some people who you don’t actually want to shop for, but you heard they were getting you a present, and now you feel peer pressured to do the same. We’d love to tell you to just forget about getting them a gift, but well — politics. Just keep your spending to a minimum. There’s no need to spend more than $20 for people you don’t really care about. Stress-o-meter: Four.
3. Request Free Gift Wrapping: See, this is one of those industry secrets that not too many people know about. Stores often don’t advertise this service, and for good reason. The lines would be down the block, if they did. Ever so discreetly, whisper to one of the employees, and ask them if this is something they do. If they do, you’re golden. If not, then you’d better work on your finger stretches. Stress-o-meter: Two.
4. Treat Yourself: Oftentimes, we’ll give to everyone else except ourselves. During this time, self-care is very important. So treat yourself to as many essentials as necessary: spa massages, meditations, ginger teas, woosah moments. Just don’t go over that budget. See number two. Stress-o-meter: One.
5. The Art of the Re-Gift: Out of all of the things you could do that would probably relieve your stress the most, it’s probably re-gifting. Think about it. The furthest you have to go is into the next room that has a closet full of your “never plan to use ever again in life” stuff. We’re sure you have brand new items that are just dying to be re-gifted. You could even re-gift prizes that you win at our giveaway. Remember, one man’s junk is another man’s treasure.
In the spirit of the holiday season, we’ve created an awesome giveaway for our loyal visitors. It’s called Pick Your Presents. One lucky winner will be chosen for a chance to win electronics, trips and up to $1,000 in cash! All guests will earn a free entry, but they’ll be given the chance to earn more based on tier. For every 500 base points earned the day of, they’ll earn an additional entry. When: December 4th, 11th, and 18th, from 4-8 p.m. Drawings are every half hour.
Remember, just because everyone else is stressed, doesn’t mean you have to be too. Read these tips to help keep your head on straight. And if all else fails, you could always come blow off some steam here with us. Happy holidays!